Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] Re: border markers France-Spain
Date: Jan 19, 2001 @ 04:43
Author: Brendan Whyte ("Brendan Whyte" <brwhyte@...>)

Don't know about the 1375 stone. My research has been onLlivia, and that
didn't beomce an enclave until 1659.
The Pyrenees have been a border for centuries in one form or another but i
doubt there was a long line of stones in 1375. maybe one or two beside
important roads. The 1800s stones are not cumulative, but demarcated the
line as defined pretty exactly then.
It wasn't until around the 1800s that one gets decent delimitation. Earlier
treaties tencxd to say 'you get all of the duchy of X, I get the earldom of
Y", without defining exactly where those ended.