Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] message 1188
Date: Jan 07, 2001 @ 22:30
Author: michael donner (michael donner <m@...>)

saw only the text about the stamps
but hadnt seen the stamps themselves
nor any of these pix til you showed them
so thank you again jesper
this is wonderful to finally see

the bedenl stamp in particular sets a new high standard for philatelic tri
country pointing

better still
it looks as tho gartners pix of atchit & atczde & defrlu
& also peters personal account of his visit to defrlu
recently but i think not previously reported
raise our collective total to 25 tri country points
& peters personal total to 10 tri country visits
both very significant milestones i should say

so now i will have to update the list of lists again
but it will be my pleasure

another breakthrough gartners material represents is the first substantial
confirmation of the trilines we have been positing for the luxembourg &
perhaps even some nonlux tripoint positions

his photo & map make it clear that there is not a single defrlu tripoint
but rather a triline extending across the island & more than halfway across
the moselle river everywhere french territory touches the german luxembourg
condominium

in addition at both ends of this tri country line there are a nonidentical
pair of twin tri country points
namely
delu fr lu
&
de delu fr

the same sort of topological arrangement mutatis mutandis may also prove
to be the case at bedelu
if barry is right
or gartner & peter could be right in believing that there is only a single
tripoint in midstream exactly halfway between the monuments there

btw
the atchit photo & map i received are extremely long & thin
with image hardly readable
or is that just a partial scan

in any case i will still count it a true photo & hope for an improvement