Subject: Sv: [BoundaryPoint] message 1188
Date: Jan 07, 2001 @ 17:15
Author: Peter Hering ("Peter Hering" <hering@...>)
Prev    Post in Topic    Next
Prev    Post in Time    Next

Dear Jesper,
as a matter of fact I am in possession of a German
topo map from this area: 6504 Perl. 1:25.000
According to the map (I'll scan it one of these
days) the French-German boundary line cuts the
island in the river Mosel (Moselle in French)
into a French (about 90%) and a small German
part. I can't see any border markers on the island,
so most probably there isn't any demarcation on
the island itself. I very much doubt the chance of
getting there as a tourist - but we will most certainly
give it a try in September !!! Btw: there's a lock
between the island and the (French) mainland...
Yes, there is a wet tripoint in river Mosel between
Fra-Ger+Lux ! I think you're referring to the rivers
"Our" and "Sauer" , they form the border between
Ger+Lux and are regarded as condominium -
according to a treaty - meaning that the whole river
bed is both German and Luxemb.
I paid the Fra-Ger-Lux tripoint a visit some years
ago - no pix unfortunately - and remember it as
quite peaceful place with only few markers on the ground...
Peter