Subject: Re: Switzerland-Liechtenstein
Date: Nov 01, 2003 @ 14:35
Author: L. A. Nadybal ("L. A. Nadybal" <lnadybal@...>)

Hi.
Are the graphics in the publications showing a colored line adjacent
to the actual border indicator (usually black -.-.-.-.-.) kind of
affair? A map drawn by someone from a Lichtenstein centrist paradigm
would put the border hilighting coloring on the Swiss side of the
actual border and someone with a Swiss centrist bent would not want
the Swiss territory and place names hidden by the highlight coloring,
and would tend to put over the Liechtenstein portion of the map.

I've walked that border along the Rhein twenty times or more over a
span of twenty years, and on the bridges crossing the river, signs on
them read:

Fürstentum | Helvetia
Liechtenstein |

They've always been affixed to the bridges over the middle of the river.

I have an official Liechtenstein government map of its borders if
you'd like a scan of the Rhein sections. I may even have a photo of
one of the signs somewhere.

Regards,

Len Nadybal
Washington DC