Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] ozzy tripoints cont
Date: Dec 19, 2000 @ 06:18
Author: michael donner (michael donner <m@...>)

beautifully done mate

this is looking like breakthrough country now

more comments & questions mixed in below

>>possibly in combination with the previous item
>>an attempt to define the full extent of the port authority of canberra
>>upon which the whole jervis bay territory idea was originally predicated
>> perhaps most likely of all
>>

>This was my understanding, that it says :this is the harbour for ACT and is
>outside NSW control. Note that the land boundary is defined as the
>highwatermark along the coastline all around, meaning the rest of the waters
>are NSW, once you step off the beach.

understood that the harbor & indeed everything south of the boundary &or
allocation line is outside nsw control
& also understood that the high water mark is the standard boundary at
least for the remainder of jervis bay territory
if not also the standard thruout the remainder of australia
but i still dont see how this means there are any nsw coastal waters here
or how there can be any state waters anywhere in oz for that matter
& am still guessing & hoping that all aussie coastal waters are reserved to
the commonwealth or crown

if i am mistaken about this
then the whole extra dozen tripoints go down the drain too
so i trust you will understand that i would like to press on to either
confirm or bust my surmise
& i believe my best hope may be in your hands
within the text of the originating treaty you mentioned in message 1015
seeing as this marine boundary sector if that is what it is may well
prove to be unique in all australia

>Interestingly, 2 of the piers in Jervis Bay cross the boundary line and
>their ends are in NSW. This may have practical implications for mooring at
>differnet places along their length, and also for wharf fishermen. Though as
>they seem to be part of the RAN base, civilians won't get much chance to
>find out, as I bet the Federal Police and the Mil Police have authrority
>right along their length, so you can't run to the end and jump off to evade
>them.
>
>Brendan

great sitcom
sounds like a stealthy amphibious approach will be necessary

again my guess places the pier ends in nsw per the allocation principle
but not so of the surrounding waters beyond the jbt waters
much like either half of the boundary islet in bass strait i suppose

yikes
i just realized
technically this bizarre arrangement if confirmed would produce 4
additional jbt nsw crown waters tripoints
1 on each side of each pier where the line intersects them
& would thus raise the ozzy tripoint total to 20