Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] geographic centers & ozzy tripoints cont
Date: Dec 18, 2000 @ 22:36
Author: Brendan Whyte ("Brendan Whyte" <brwhyte@...>)

>possibly in combination with the previous item
>an attempt to define the full extent of the port authority of canberra
>upon which the whole jervis bay territory idea was originally predicated
> perhaps most likely of all

This was my understanding, that it says :this is the harbour for ACT and is
outside NSW control. Note that the land boundary is defined as the
highwatermark along the coastline all around, meaning the rest of the waters
are NSW, once you step off the beach.
Interestingly, 2 of the piers in Jervis Bay cross the boundary line and
their ends are in NSW. This may have practical implications for mooring at
differnet places along their length, and also for wharf fishermen. Though as
they seem to be part of the RAN base, civilians won't get much chance to
find out, as I bet the Federal Police and the Mil Police have authrority
right along their length, so you can't run to the end and jump off to evade
them.

Brendan