Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] aussie maritime interstate boundary etc
Date: Dec 16, 2000 @ 04:31
Author: michael donner (michael donner <m@...>)

well look at the bright side
at least nothing is going to happen for 4 more years

we have far too many laws already anyway

& maybe when they find they cant add any new ones
they will start subtracting the old ones
just to dispel boredom & appear useful

but that will be real progress

i will not be too surprised if the victoria tasmania marine border turns
out to be a false front like a building on a movie set

you just walk around either side & you dont even have to pass thru or
across anything

still
given australian national maritime claims at presumably 200nm or so
it appears there would have to at least be a pair of federative tripoints
wherever this interstate facade legally ends
namely
commonwealth tasmania victoria east
somewhere east of wilsons promontory
&
commonwealth tasmania victoria west
somewhere west of king island

or
maybe they dont detain themselves over such niceties down there
for i really dont know & cant read their minds upside down

finally i am eager to keep up with you my friend
& will certainly continue to try
tho i rarely know what day it is

one of my excuses is that i am experimenting with a metric clock
10 seconds in a minute
10 minutes in an hour
10 hours in a day
10 days in a week
10 weeks in a month
10 months in a year

still 10 years in a decade tho
10 decades in a century
& 10 centuries in a millennium
thankfully

i think there is about a 3 to 1 savings in the ratio of time
but am not sure which way saves it yet

cheers