Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] brownlie on african tripoints grand finale
Date: Dec 14, 2000 @ 07:21
Author: michael donner (michael donner <m@...>)

>All African tripoints have now been added to
><http://www.image.dk/~jesniel/border/african_tripoints.htm>
>http://www.image.dk/~jesniel/border/african_tripoints.htm
>
>If you have comments or additions, they are offcourse welcome, so the
>collection can be more complete.
>
>Should we move on to the rest of the 3points?
>
>Jesper
>-----

yes
wonderful

these 59 africans alone make up 37 percent of the world total of 160
continental tricountry points
so we are already well on our way to having at least something to show or
tell about them all
& if you can figure out a way to integrate at least the pix & other hard
data already assembled in our earlier messages
we do or will at least have a complete skeleton
& some meat on more than half the points

message 597 gives the full list of these points by continent

804 has a master list of pix by peter & the others we found
to which 814 & 822 could be added

770 & 774 give gideons mountain peak tripoints & miscellaneous data for
tripoints beginning with the letter a
to which the rest in his book could eventually be added
but frankly i am not inclined to continue with gideon
since i believe better data can be found in the regional bibles
such as brownlie
even tho i am still at a loss to locate any others

i have a feeling brendan or someone may be able to advise us here

also of possible value is the list of twins in message 246

finally message 247 makes a decent try at the maritimes
which i realize few of us even care about
& which will in any case probably have to wait for future generations to
pin down
tho we could continue to at least acknowledge & try for these too

but since any & all such additions would involve considerable work
you may want to indicate your area of greatest interest
& we can just proceed however you like

for example
we could start with a clickable map for africa
or europe
etc
if you like & can

or we could proceed directly to global coverage
& try to find any morsel of info at all for all 160 continentals
or maybe we could start with the space photos
or best available detail maps
or geocoords
or what have you

in any case
delighted to cocreate with you & anyone else interested