Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] nuevo leon tamaulipas
Date: Jun 08, 2003 @ 15:35
Author: John Seeliger ("John Seeliger" <jseelige@...>)

From: "acroorca2002" <orc@...>
To: <BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Sunday, June 08, 2003 9:24 AM
Subject: [BoundaryPoint] nuevo leon tamaulipas

> > Description : termina tamaulipas principia nuevo leon

> 002.jpg
>
> aka the pic in message 10367
>

> plus its mate in 10366
>

> thanxx for all john & especially these 2

you're welcome

> did you happen to examine the greenish hockey pucklike thing at
> the foot of this sign in 10367
>
> probably just a chunk of the ubiquitous mexican road jetsam
>

> another chunk occurs at the same place in 10366 but grayish

unfortunately, I didn't take notice at the time. I think I recall seeing
them and it did seem to be something that was part of the sign (at least the
green one), but I wouldn't swear to it.

> both are very likely inconsequential
> but we dont even know yet what kind of a marker we might be
> looking for
> other than these signs i mean
> if indeed any
>

> also did you notice whether this pair of signs are exactly aligned
> with one another
> & in the same plane

They did appear to be at pretty close to exactly the same spot. The highway
there was two lanes on either side with maybe three times that much of a
median, so I didn't exactly line them up, but it was close enough that it
seemed right to me. Also, we don't know for sure that the highway is
perpendicular to the state line. It might be off by a few degrees. I am
sorry I didn't examine the marker more closely.

> or perhaps just casually thrown up in roughly the same place
>
> for the answer to that might tell us whether these signs are just
> legal notices
> or actually legal markers as well
>

> also nice to see the distinctive welcome to nuevo leon sign from
> 10368 in the distance in 10367
> which all together gives enough context & sense of space for us
> to feel like we are right there in the landscape with you
> all right on the money

Yeah, I meant to see if there was one in Tamaulipas, but when I took off,
forgot to. I didn't see one, but it is possible. When arriving in
Monterrey, there is a floral sign saying "Bienvenidos" and when leaving
"Buen dia"