Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] Llivia
Date: Dec 05, 2000 @ 04:05
Author: David Mark (David Mark <dmark@...>)

On Mon, 4 Dec 2000, michael donner wrote:

> wow
> so does this mean you saw continental russia from little diomede

Actually, from the little town of Gambell, Alaska, at the western end of
Saint Lawrence Island, looking across to the snowy mountains of the
Chukotsky Peninsula. I was there for 6 days in June 1979, on a birding
trip, getting Asian birds for my North America list.

> that is extremely cool if so
>
> hats off & earmuffs too
>

> africa from europe
> gibraltar
> well ok
> count twice

More easily seen from Tarifa, Spain, and especially a great viewpoint on
the road just east of tarifa.

> in that case i would claim multiple visits to
> kentucky bend
> liberty island
> monte carlo
> st regis

I've been to Monte Carlo, Monaco, a few times, but never to the others.

> also do you really mean international tripoint
> or is that just another way to say tri country point

Yes, I meant that.

> i am a tri country point virgin myself
> but have shagged a few good binational tripoints

Hmm, that is an odd phrase. I guess it must mean two "states" or
"provinces" meeting one other country?

> would have called them international tripoints too tho

I would not call them tri-points because there are not three things of the
same "level". But, chacun a son gout.

David