Subject: Re: ruua was byruua
Date: Apr 29, 2003 @ 18:09
Author: Peter Smaardijk ("Peter Smaardijk" <smaardijk@...>)

Yes, but it's not the newest of maps, it is a Soviet map (remember
the Soviet attitude to their inner boundaries), and of a rather small
scale.
Cf. http://magazines.russ.ru/oz/2002/6/2002_06_25.html : "(...) When
in 2000 the boundary line was defined, even houses became divided
(...)".

I admit that this story still can be a fairy tale, but something's
going on here, that's for sure.

Peter S.

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "Jesper Nielsen" <jesniel@i...>

http://iisd.org.ua/dg/200301/0129dgdoc.htm it
> mentions the boundary as running in the middle of the main road.
At

http://borders.cpcfpu.org.ua/eng/analytics/security/document2.shtml

others
> > elsewhere
> > of the russian reticence to finalize the new borders
> >
> > such backwardness however doesnt seem to be inhibiting
the
> > development of clear tripoints at all tho
> >
> > --- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "ps1966nl"
> > <smaardijk@y...> wrote:
> > > On the site of the Brjansk provincial administration:
> > >
> > > http://www.admin.debryansk.ru/~press/PHOTOS/brata.jpg
> > >
> > > http://www.admin.debryansk.ru/~press/geogr1/3res1.jpg
> > >
> > > Peter S.
> >

> > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms
of
> Service.

> Service.
> >

> > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor