Subject: Re: Dibba-Oman Satpics
Date: Mar 31, 2003 @ 15:05
Author: acroorca2002 ("acroorca2002" <orc@...>)

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "L. A. Nadybal"
<orc@o...> wrote:
> Thanks for the message.
>
> I saw 8208, and it seemed to leave the question of condo
status open.

yes it does
but we go way back on this dibba tripartition idea with arif
as well as on the relation of tax flow to allegiance
to territoriality in the muslim world generally
of which 8208 is only the most recent echo

> I guess we need to see what is in town on the Oman side of
the border
> marked in the top of one of the graphics.
>
> Tax flow doesn't necessarily confer sovereignty. There were
one or
> two Portuguese settlements in India in the 1600-1700 where a
prince or
> sultan or some such ruler there signed a treaty with the
Portuguese
> letting P collect taxes in the area to support their
establishment,
> but explicitly said the treaty conferred no sovereign rights. I
know
> that's esoteric, but it's not alone, just the first that came to
mind.

> Do you recall where the true Fujairah-Sharjah condo
elsewhere is?

the perry castaneda uae administrative divisions map shows it
just south of fujairah city

> In any case, only between these two it isn't at an international
> level, anymore.

correct but there is evidently a true omae condo also
farther to the south
also previously discussed & mapped here

> Regards
> LN

regards

> > it has already been confirmed that there is indeed a true
fujayrah
> > sharjah condo elsewhere in uae
> > but we have been led to believe that dibba is not condominial
but
> > actually subdivided between fujayrah & sharjah
> > as well as oman
> >
> > so we have been expecting to find a binational tripoint here
> > or at least some semblance of an actual trijunction
> > since it may be a matter of tax flow rather than exact
territoriality