Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] Re: Iron Curtain Remnants
Date: Mar 23, 2003 @ 21:05
Author: Doug Murray (Doug Murray <doug@...>)

Sounds great!

My reason for asking about east-west remnants is that I was contacted
by National Geographic magazine. I've been chatting with them about
how you can see the changes in Europe (and elsewhere) through the
changing border markers. We've seen (and photographed) a lot of these
in our border travels.

Doug

On Saturday, March 22, 2003, at 05:22 AM, acroorca2002 wrote:

> hi doug & thanx for the candor
>
> & by sheer coincidence
> i myself am now looking for magic carpet remnants too
>

> but why do you so like the watch towers
>

> maybe we could get together some day
>

> it would be fun even if we only had leftovers
>

> but hey we should have jehovahs witnesses & belly dancers too
>

> what say
>

> --- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, Doug Murray
> <doug@d...> wrote:
> >
> > Hello All:
> >
> > I am looking for some locations along the former Iron Curtain
> that
> > still have
> > some of the old watch towers and buildings standing.  If there
> are
> > pictures
> > of these places, that would be great.
> >
> > Peter H:  Anything along the AU-CZ border that you can think
> of?
> >
> > Cheers,
> >
> > Doug

<image.tiff>