Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] Missing Berlin Wall Touches off Dispute Over Desolate Checkpoint Charlie
Date: Mar 17, 2003 @ 20:37
Author: Steffan B. ("=?iso-8859-1?q?Steffan=20B.?=" <stbruns31@...>)

Hy,

I'am from Berlin - Germany ! East !! I can your say,
it give more parts from the wall, still today to say,
as is write here !

Then, as are build the wall, not US-tanks stay in
front to sovjet tanks ! As the East have build the
wall, the governement from Western Germany would a
reaction from the US-Army, the find but the idea to
have a wall in Berlin very ok, first on the evening,
as the highest US-General would visiting with his wife
one Opera in East-part and stay then on the Checkpoint
Charlie, and eastern-german soldiers let him not in,t
here he call 2 tanks ! On eastern part have 2 smal
tanks already stay before ! Before the tanks are
coming, have sovjetic officiers cancel the problem and
have let the general visiting his opera ! First 3 days
later are construct the pictures which one can today
see, but it was be there not a real confrontation !

On the wall are also not die so many peoples ! It is a
bad western propaganda out age from cold wars . Sure
are some about 50 causes, to it two dozen from West or
'refugees' killing eastern soldiers and policemen .
Maybe it was be 2-4* so many, but for this it give not
a real proof . I think on the US-border to Mexico die
many more peoples !

The Friedrichstrasse northless from the Leipziger
Strasse was be a important shoping street before the
have many building destroy, in the 70/80 as one have
build there new building, it was be also again a
important shoping-street ! Southless the Leipziger
Strasse, there where is also the Checkpoint Charlie,
was be before the war, after the war and today not a
shoping street ! It was be before and after the war
more a business-area - many plants for fashion and
printing ! Today it is a ugly area - where nobody want
life, nobody want walk for shoping, and where it is
better in the night not to walk ! Today also the
north-part fromt the Friedrichstraße is not more
interesst for peoples from Berlin, here shoping only
Tourist !

The USA defent (at least in my view) also not Berlin !
I have life in Berlin and for me was be the US-Army
one threat . The USA was be main-guilty that Germany
was be divorced, still more for the wrong Situation in
Berlin . The USSR would one united and neutral
Germany, the USA would the important part from
Germany, the western part, under his full control in
the cold war ! I'am and many another peoples here
would that both army's go home how is possible ! Today
the are go home and it is good so, and I wish not a
town in this world, that this must are before destroy
from bombing, around to get after this the honour from
'visiting' US-Army !

You should know, it give always more as one side on
one thing ! Most many ! It give, of course most in
Westberlin, also many peoples the are happy for the
US-occupation ... more as which in East are happy for
soviet-occupation ! When also the Germans today want
the USA not follow in a war, the are not no-thankful
... the remember himself on bombing or another, and
wish not that this would happen some in a another part
on this world !

Who today missing on most the wall, living most West -
the wall was be important for the world-peace ! It is
better to life without the wall, that the wall was be
fall down can one not thankful are the USA, or one
another western country ! The wall fall down, because
he was be not more important ! ... and what is more
important, he fall not from West to East, he fall from
East to West !

Today the wall is as building only still on few parts
to see ... but to feeling is he every day ! The
earlier wall is today still border - the question of
the 100% from common salary get, or only 90, 80% or
few is often a question if you life or work westless
this line or eastless !

Why to are thankfull ?????

--- Bill Hanrahan <hanrahan@...> schrieb: > Mar
16, 2003