Subject: Re: New to group / Estcourt, Maine
Date: Mar 15, 2003 @ 17:27
Author: acroorca2002 ("acroorca2002" <orc@...>)

welcome hilversum

maybe the links in message 7933 will clarify this for you

but if not
i know there are many others in that vicinity
possibly worth searching for

btw the usa does extend into its border lakes & rivers too
as you probably also realize
usually as far as about the middle of the water body

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "hilversum96"
<hilversum96@y...> wrote:
> Greetings, everyone - this is my first post to the group. I live on
> the CA-US border, near Lexington, Michigan. My back yard ends at
Lake
> Huron and, where the beach ends, so does the USA. I can see the
Blue
> Water Bridge between Port Huron MI and Sarnia ON from the beach. At
> my location, Canada is slightly east from due south of the USA.
>
> I found this group while looking for stories about the gas guy in
> Estcourt, Maine. I saw all the news stories on Canadian TV, and
none
> of them provided a clear layout of the village. From what the
stories
> told: the Canadian control point is right on the border, but the US
> control point is about a mile inside the border. There's a gas
> station bewteen it and the border, and no other roads leave the US
> side of the village. So you have to go through Canada to reach the
> rest of the USA.
>
> Is there a large scale, larger than topo, map of this bi-national
> village anywhere on the Net? And what about the village of
Estcourt
> Station, Maine? It's downstream from the border crossing, marked on
> some maps. The maps indicate no point of entry across the St.
Francis