Subject: Re: International Border Research Group is founded
Date: Mar 12, 2003 @ 20:37
Author: acroorca2002 ("acroorca2002" <orc@...>)

congrats & bon voyage to jan & all from sparks nevada

& please do continue to remember us here at bp too with all your
nonexclusive tripointing news

indeed i was just pleasantly reminded of ibrg a moment ago while
driving thru a town named borderland california

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "Jan S. Krogh" <jan.krogh@t...>
wrote:
> The International Border Research Group (IBRG) has been founded as
an NGO
> (non-governmental organisation) with the main purpose of organising
border
> area expeditions,studies and information.
>
> The IBRG was founded after several years with Peter Hering's most
successful
> European border expeditions which all was organised by Peter
himself. As the
> expeditions now are heading out of the EU "border-less" area, the
more we
> need to be backed by an organisation.
>
> Among IBRG's members there are several writers, graduates and
others who
> share the interest and wish of making it more popular among the
public.

been
> founded in order to help organising this year's Great Baltic Border
> Expedition. Most members have their background and "everyday
belonging" at
> Boundary Point, and wish to continue to stay here. It is in the BP
we have
> our friends and where we wish to discuss the main topics. In the
IBRG we
> will discuss the expedition details. These two groups should
therefore NOT
> be understood as competitors. As a Yahoo group the IBRG could be
seen as a
> kind of subdivision for those of us who like to go expeditions.
From an