Subject: SV: [BoundaryPoint] Re: News about Barak (the Kyrgyz' exclave)
Date: Mar 12, 2003 @ 17:48
Author: Grant Hutchison ("Grant Hutchison" <granthutchison@...>)

> Or this source is not very accurate. A quick search on the
Russophone
> internet mentions Tajan a couple of times, but never as an enclave.
> It is mentioned as an area destined at one time to be swapped
against
> another piece of land which would become an Uzbek corridor between
> the Soch enclave and the mainland. Kyrgyzstan didn't like this plan
> at the time. They probably still don't like it.
So that would make these "40ha of arable land" part of Sokh at
present, but once earmarked for potential exchange to Kyrgyzstan?

I think I've established that Khalmion is the name of the Uzbek
enclave NW of Shakhimardan - GeoNet lists this village at 40 12 47 N,
71 38 29 E, in exactly the right spot. But perhaps you've encountered
this name already?

Grant