Subject: Re: Medieval tripoint
Date: Feb 28, 2003 @ 21:40
Author: acroorca2002 <orc@orcoast.com> ("acroorca2002 <orc@...>" <orc@...>)

thanx francisco
it must be a beauty
& ghost tricountry points are right up our alley
especially when they remain on international borders

visits to several have already been reported here
& many less extraordinary binational tripoints have been zealously
sought after
particularly around the usa

do you have a pic to show of it

in our cockabebble terminology it would be honored as
lets see
assuming braganca is the portuguese district involved
which however i cant confirm
brcaga
or in full regalia
espt2brcaga
maybe

can you confirm or elaborate on any of this
&or better yet
how about mounting an expedition to visit it

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "Francisco Santos" <xuax@n...>
wrote:
> In the middle ages in northern Portugal there was a tripoint
between the
> medieval kingdoms of Galiza (Galicia), León and Portugal. Nowadays,
in the
> same (tri)point there is the Spanish Autonomous Region of Galicia
at west,
> the Spanish Autonomous Region of Castilla-León at east, and the
Portuguese
> Republic at south.
> The curiousity is that the tripoint still has the same old medieval
name:
> Penedo dos Três Reinos (i.e."Rock of the Three Kingdoms"). The name
is no
> longer "true", because Portugal is a Republic since 1910 and the
other two
> are now regions of the Kingdom of Spain.
> I'm attaching a map, adapted from a map of Portugal issued by RV
Reise- und