Subject: RE: [BoundaryPoint] Condominium Island
Date: Feb 07, 2003 @ 14:47
Author: Bill Burke ("Bill Burke" <bill@...>)

This island is between Hendaye and Irun, just off the main  Basque crossing (1-2 k) between France and Spain. Well worth a visit, I stop and rest on my annual journey to my wife's home town of Seville from England. This year, I shall stay in the Camplanile hotel that views it from the French side and try to obtain more photos  to post on the site.There are other nearby and larger islands, but I do not believe that these are shared.

The island was also used for Royal marriages and for these international events, was split down the middle 1/2 each to France and Spain, the rule being that the King of Spain was unable to ever leave Spain. Does anyone have any more information/ photos on this subject???????????????

Not far away is Hendaye railway station (next bridge down the river(1-2  k) where Hitler meet Franco. Hitler said that he would rather draw teeth than have another such meeting!