Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] Adios, Yugoslavia...
Date: Feb 05, 2003 @ 04:14
Author: Michael Kaufman (Michael Kaufman <mikekaufman79@...>)

From what I've seen, Montenegrin (aka
Serbo-Croatian)evolved from an old Slavic language and
is related to Serbian, Croat, and Bosnian (all of
which fell under the name of "Serbo-Croatian" during
Communist times). However it has certain unique
characteristics and a few extra letters. But I think,
basically, these differences are almost on the dialect
level. Though native speakers would know much more
than me. See http://www.montenegro.org/language.html

There is a Romanian minority (200,000 to 300,000) in
Serb. & Mont.
I had the same question on the communes; I guessed
they were tertiary or quartinary, but I would like to
know, too.