Subject: Re: octopoint? Translation
Date: Feb 04, 2003 @ 23:03
Author: acroorca2002 <orc@orcoast.com> ("acroorca2002 <orc@...>" <orc@...>)

fantasticos
i knew it was lurking out there somewhere
the ancient knockout hatted oktapoint of oktahatko

the new ranking global maxipoint

plus the new ranking narrowest sliver slice
i would also declare with some confidence

the ghost of oktahatko itself was unaroused by my visit hereabouts
this morning
tho i jumped posted fences & barefooted it thru swampland
& asked as well as amused everyone i could find

but i finally reached the new true alflga this afternoon
just about exactly where i had predicted it would be
& where i had previously photographed on the edge of the swale

the beautiful trees have been knocked down for the monument
& the river seems about 20 feet lower now than it was then

the steel monument is wonderfully dated 1 jan 2000 yet
but is not really punctilious
professing to be at 31d00m00s but lying actually a few seconds north
& several feet westward from the bank
rather than at high water mark as set by law

the question actually entered my mind
is such a slobbery lackadaisical marker definitive

or does it somehow lose authority for being so patently wrong

the old barbed wire fence a few hundred feet south is now
reincarnated 8 feet tall & impassable

future visitors nb
only possible access is now from nw or by river

pix to follow

no ellicott mound in sight or anywhere i went

on the way out
was arrested for an hour by 4 good old alabama boys in tshirts
& even had to allow a search
a last resort that usually works
in order to make good my escape

of course i knew they would look in all the wrong places
& it was better than waiting another hour for their hound dog to
arrive

can you imagine
domestic border guards

it actually happens routinely now in the usa

signing off now from blountstown on day 6 or 7 en route to
apalachicola for my traditional postalflga seafood glut

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "Peter Smaardijk
<smaardijk@y...>" <smaardijk@y...> wrote:
> Arif Samad wrote:
> "(...)Anyway, what's up with the eighth commune? Did it disappear,
> because the eigth line seems to be different in my map, plus it
does
> not show up on 1:160,000 maps while the other seven does show up.
By
> the way, the 1:200,000, 1:160,000 and 1:40,000 maps in the Finnish
> site is based on 1:500,000, 1:400,000 and 1:20,000 map images
> respectively."
>
> The eighth one doesn't figure in my Finnish road atlas, either, but
> with the help of http://opaskartta.turku.fi/index_eng.htm and the
> remark on the other site that Marcel found that the Masku
> municipality part is an enclave (at least that's what I think it
> says), the eighth part must be a detached part of that
municipality.