Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] Somewhat OT: Where does space begin
Date: Jan 15, 2003 @ 19:36
Author: John Seeliger ("John Seeliger" <jseelige@...>)

From: "John Seeliger" <jseelige@...>
To: <BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Wednesday, January 15, 2003 1:22 PM

> A few months ago, I watched a PBS program on the great ballon race, and at
> one time, a Remax team was planning an around the world attempt in a large
> ballon that would fly at an altitude of 125 or 150,000 feet, leaving
> Australia and travelling slowly westward. My question is how high does a
> nation's airspace go? At what altitude would a ballon, plane, rocket have
> to travel before it could legally over a country without its permission.
>
> Oh, BTW, they wisely decided not to do the voyage. First they had gone
from
> five guys to four to save weight, but then (having trouble bailing out of
> capsule in a space suit) scrapped the mission entirely.

BTW, this reminded me of a SNL joke that I didn't find until sending this:

http://www.fallon-infomedia.com/quotessnl.html:

"an Australian man, Rodd Milner, announced that next March he plans to
skydive 25 miles above the earth reaching speeds over a thousand miles an
hour and breaking the sound barrier. And in future new...Rodd Milner is dead
"

John Seeliger Limited but increasing content
jseelige@... <http://www.freewebz.com/hudathunkett/>
jseelige@...