Subject: Re: Topomap iljosy
Date: Jan 14, 2003 @ 18:34
Author: acroorca2002 <orc@orcoast.com> ("acroorca2002 <orc@...>" <orc@...>)

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "Jan S. Krogh"
<jan.krogh@t...> wrote:

> Sorry, no, I meant to say that the tp seems to be a confluence
between the
> Yarmuk River and the unknown river the thalweg making the
JOSY boundary
> probably is hiding, not shown on the photo.

jan there may or may not be a stream confluence there
i dont know what you saw
but the tripoint is not defined by a confluence

it is defined by where the old josy railroad crosses the yarmuk

i agree most probably at the thalweg tho that isnt in the treaty

& it is also monumented
per international boundary study number 94
presumably on the banks
just below & just clear of the railroad bridge
no part of which presumably could be in israel

whether there was any trace remaining of this railroad in your pic
in what is now israeli occupied golan heights
i rather doubt
but it should be kept in mind as a possibly huge clue

> (I also presume that this still
> only is a de facto tp as Hamat Gader is located on Israeli
occupied Golan
> heights, according to UN belonging to Syria.)

yes but it isnt de facto
it is the de jure iljosy
the one described in the treaties
& it is indeed just at the israeli side of the golan heights

but in fact there really is no de facto iljosy
since the united nations intervenes
between the syrian & israeli front lines
which are at the other side of the golan heights

so there there are only the iljoun & josyun de facto tripoints

but these are many miles off frame to the right anyway
& neednt confuse us