Subject: Re: Just another day at the office...
Date: Jan 08, 2003 @ 13:15
Author: Peter Smaardijk <smaardijk@yahoo.com> ("Peter Smaardijk <smaardijk@...>" <smaardijk@...>)

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "acroorca2002 <orc@o...>"
<orc@o...> wrote:
> peter
>
> > Take a BENL marker: I've seen some in a pretty sad state, due
> to lack
> > of maintenance.
>
> having followed eef from pillar to post
> i imagined benl only used those funny chess bishops
> or do you mean the sad state of even these

I do mean the sad state of the bishops. Apart from flaking paint,
rust, and not standing upright anymore, the bishop's hat is more than
once missing. I mean, of course, the little pine cone-like thing on
top. Eef has photographed a fair number of these bareheaded
monsignors. He also has an interesting news item on his site about
this lack of maintenance, that appeared in a Dutch newspaper. Here it
says that all main markers will be restored to full glory in 2002
(the article is from 2001).

BTW: there are also other, intermediate, markers along BENL, but
these are (all? - I don't know) lower stones.

Peter S.