Subject: Re: phantom megapoint continued
Date: Dec 30, 2002 @ 13:27
Author: acroorca2002 <orc@orcoast.com> ("acroorca2002 <orc@...>" <orc@...>)

whooops
please disregard
or at least enjoy the cosmic joke

for this message was the lost reply to message 8437
as referred to in message 8440
& missing in the ether for a full week now
until finally landing on the message board
inexplicably
this morning
possibly a bp record sky shot

of course it has all been supplanted by better data & better
conclusions in the meantime

so apologies for the yahoo server & for any confusion

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "m donner"
<maxivan82@h...> wrote:
> thanx jack for the wonderfully detailed & exacting message
8437
> including perfect scans of figs 27 & 28 from bus&ss
> a multiple wish come true from our discussion thru message
8304

> i am also glad others can at least follow this all now
> & can return as i just did to point 20 in your book
> tri state corners in the united states
> which is also available in pdf at the bp corner corner link
>

> but i am also endeavoring to attach a pic here of jc on the very
spot
> because i am so excited
> not only by your general confirmation
> but also to realize that this old stone you mention
> is likely the same one embedded within the later monument
here
> & might even have been a contemporaneous host to the
quadripoint

> yes there is some chance we may actually be seeing a living
ghost here
> tho i am not holding my breath
>
> for i follow & agree with your every detail
> including the birth of the megapoint in 1828
> until its first reconstitution in 1834
>
> but right there remains the great mystery
> the 2nd enlargement of the indian country in 1834
> from 36d30m as shown in fig 28 to the canadian border as
shown in fig 27

> this indian country is an elusive entity to research in any case
> involving several different sometimes overlapping territories
>
> at some later date its name changes from indian country to
indian territory

> but by whatever name this indian entity or nonentity is called
> its 2nd enlargement in 1834 may well have obliterated the
megapoint
> if fig 27 is correct & if i am reading it correctly
>
> for so far as i can tell from this & other gleanings
> 1834 does appear to be the most plausible date
> when the part of modern oklahoma east of the panhandle
> if not the panhandle itself
> was added to the indian entity west of arkansaw
>
> i follow & agree with all the rest of your data & conclusions
> but i just have a hard time believing that the phantom survived
this
> reorganization of 1834
> & a harder time finding any other plausible evidence or date
> for when the combined first & second indian country territories
of 1824 &
> 1828
> could have been further enlarged by the territory east of the
panhandle

> now admittedly my conservatism or skepticism or whatever it is
> doesnt support the likelihood that we are seeing a real
phantom megarock

> STOP MORE SPAM with the new MSN 8 and get 3 months
FREE*.

http://join.msn.com/?page=features/junkmail&xAPID=42&PS=47
575&PI=7324&DI=7474&SU=

http://www.hotmail.msn.com/cgi-bin/getmsg&HL=1216hotmailta