Subject: RE: [BoundaryPoint] requiem to a busted ghost
Date: Dec 26, 2002 @ 02:44
Author: jparsell ("jparsell" <jparsell@...>)

Yes, the reason there were no surveys on 36d 30', which was my delemma, was
as you state below, that line was completely forgotten east of the
panhandle.
Thank you for clarifying this confusing mess. I had read the same material
but did not perceive that Indian country was synonymous with Missouri Terr.
at least during some of those years.

I am wondering how you date the old stone at AR-MO-OK as being no older than
1840s? The coordinates given for the 1821 survey's location of the stone are
the same as those shown on both NAD27 and NAD83 Topozone within a fraction
of
a second. I agree that the present monument may not be exactly on the
correct spot, but it is very close and the old rock could be the original
one. Can you
fill me in on this?
Jack