Subject: Re: Transfrontier Game Park
Date: Dec 10, 2002 @ 14:13
Author: acroorca2002 <orc@orcoast.com> ("acroorca2002 <orc@...>" <orc@...>)

the following mzzazw data gleaned from brownlie & ibs 117 118
& 133 may also help the trypointing game once the fences are
removed

this tripoint is hard to determine with confidence

but it may lie at the junction of the median lines of the rivers
limpopo & fafuri
aka pafuri aka luvuvhurivier
near beacon xiv of the 1927 portuguese south african survey
which stands 200m from the bank & 321m from the confluence
in rather thick scrub & reeds on sandy ground
at a location which is also under water when the rivers are in
flood

or else the tripoint lies at the junction of the limpopo thalweg &
the prolongation of the final straight line segment of the mzzw
boundary running down thru pillars 2 & 1
according to a later anglo portuguese treaty & survey

or
these descriptions could just be 2 different ways of defining the
same point
tho not likely

but note also the additional possibly significant difference of
opinion between thalweg & median line
which multiplies the possibilities from 1 or 2 to as many as 4

in any case
there is general agreement that the tripoint is wet & unmarked
& one source gives the coords as
slat22d25m25s x elong31d18m27s

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "Doug Murray
Productions" <doug@d...> wrote:

> Limpopo Transfrontier Park to become reality
> December 09, 2002, 06:20 AM
>

> The world's largest transfrontier conservation area will
formally become reality when President Thabo Mbeki, his
Zimbabwean counterpart Robert Mugabe and Mozambique's
Joachim Chissano sign the treaty later today.

> The three leaders will meet in Xai -Xai in northern
Mozambique to sign the agreement which follows two years of
intense negotiations.

> The great Limpopo Transfrontier Park as it will be
known, will span South Africa's Kruger National Park,
Zimbabwe's Gonarezhou National Park and Mozambique's
Limpopo National Park. It will cover 95 000 square kilometers.

> Later this week boundary fences will start being
removed to allow the animals to return to their natural migration
routes.

> Tourists will also be able to move freely from one
country to another with just one visa.

> Article printout courtesy of the South African Broadcasting
Corporation.