Subject: Re: St Pierre et Miquelon
Date: Dec 05, 2002 @ 01:07
Author: acroorca2002 ("acroorca2002" <orc@...>)

yes that was amazingly good work by peter
& congrats to both of you

also as i mentioned
there definitely is a nrcan topo of the area
date unknown
but the final word is likely to be found in the 1992 arbitral award
concerning the cafr maritime territorial dispute

in the meantime however
some extra fuel

the silhouette map at the upper right corner of
http://64.224.168.58
dated 2002
does indicate 2 extra little red dots off spm
one of them in the approximate location of the green islands

these are most likely intentional rather than stray specks of color
because the second one is in the location of another group of
islets that are known to belong to france
called les veaux marins

so the chances are looking extremely good already

--- In BoundaryPoint@y..., "Doug Murray" <doug@d...> wrote:
> Wow! Good work Peter!
>
> I think I will go down to the Topo map office here and see if
there is a sheet showing the area in detail. Could you imagine if
we've discovered a CAFR land boundary?! How exciting.

> By the way, I get a TV channel from St-Pierre on my satellite
system. I love watching their news!

> Doug

near CAFR. My

http://www.st-pierre-et-miquelon.com/musee/tricoche.html :

> "(...) Un de ces îlots, l'île Verte, où l'on aurait à peine la place
> de bâtir une maison de taille ordinaire et ses dépendances,
contient
> ce qu'on appelle en plaisantant " la frontière de terre de Saint-
> Pierre-et-Miquelon ". C'est qu'en effet, il appartient par moitié
> la France et à Terre-Neuve. (...)"
>
> (One of these islands, the Green Island, with hardly any
space to
> build a house of normal dimensions and its annexes,
contains what is
> jokingly called "the land boundary of
Saint-Pierre-et-Miquelon". It
> is indeed split in half between France and Newfoundland)
>
> Peter S.

Service.