Subject: Re: CAUS - Here's a good one!
Date: Nov 27, 2002 @ 15:53
Author: acroorca2002 ("acroorca2002" <orc@...>)

our topic is clearly stated on the bp home page
& you formulated it yourself bill
admirably well imo
& everyone must have seen it & agreed to it when they signed on

in a word
it is multipointing

in a stretch
it is multisovereignty
multidimensional reality
& multi anything else that feels good to anyone i guess

& that
with or without the stretch
is actually a very specific & demanding discipline
a truly great idea
a perfect focal point
& plenty to keep us fully engaged & together forever

yet because few of us are yet up to addressing the necessary 3
or more borders & political realities at one time
& because practically everyone finds it easier to juggle only 1
border at a time
& only up to 2 entities at a time
naturally
there has been a tacit agreement to ignore the stated topic
& to adapt it to whatever one likes & can handle

& you yourself have led the way in making this compromise

& once you our host started actually saying the topic is borders
others started thinking well great lets talk about borders
without regard to multipoints
& then they figured well it might even include border issues
whatever that might mean to them
usually woes & problems & complaints etc
since most people not people here but most people insist on
keeping their heads up their asses
if at all possible
but others figured well that has to include currency exchange
& others saw it as a question of what side of the road to drive on
& others postage stamps
& others jelly donuts
webcams acronyms palindromes
the past
the future
etc etc etc

oops i except palindromes because they are at least the germ &
groping for multidimensionality just as multipoints are the germ
& groping for everyones land
but anyway excuse the excursion

nor is any of all the above necessarily a problem at all
in multidimensional reality
so long as everyone is having a good time
& talking about what they themselves really really like
for of course it is always possible to skip lightly over anything that
doesnt appeal
tho i know many of us are committed to trying to follow it all
& even to help steer it all
naturally
because it usually is so much fun here
practically whatever we may talk about
in the name of multidimensionality

& personally i am here only for the sheer fun of it
& assume the same is true for everyone else
as the entertainment & refreshment value is enormous
& a great uplift & diversion from the problems of the world
so long as everyone is really willing to forget all the opposition &
stupidity & drudgery that seems to prevail practically everywhere
else but here

so i have maintained that since it is apparently so difficult to stay
on point
then if people will at least talk about whatever they like rather
than what they dont like
then by virtue of that extra little proviso alone
it doesnt matter how badly they misunderstand what the topic is
& nothing need ever be opposed or excluded
but may be simply ignored at worst

but i can tell you
as a general rule
i have found
borders divide

except multipoints unite

so the great hope is actually here in the multipoints
where everyones land begins

--- In BoundaryPoint@y..., "Bill Hanrahan" <hanrahan@k...>
wrote:
> You certainly have a valid point, and I don't mean to single your
posting
> out as the "sole culprit". I'm opposed to censorship on BP and
rely on BP
> members to stay on topic. I think we've generally been quite
successful in
> this. However, I'm opposed to having BP turn into a forum for
comment on
> national policies, politics, etc. Having said that, I've enjoyed the
> discourse on the Estcourt Station border crossing incident
because it
> relates to an interesting (IMHO) border topic.

postings