Subject: tripoints with ghost neutral zones attached
Date: Nov 26, 2002 @ 14:30
Author: acroorca2002 ("acroorca2002" <orc@...>)

oddly enough
whether the iqkwsa tripoint is designated a ghost trinational
quadripoint
as suggested below
or is given some better name to reflect the former iqsa neutral
zone that used to be attached to it
our other strange old friend the bedenl tripoint
evidently enjoyed a topologically identical situation
for at least part of the time when neutral moresnet touched it
according to some tho not all maps

for example
http://www.republika.pl/postcard_jack/neutral_moresnet.htm

so we may actually have at least a pair of these strange
quadri ghastli neutri thingies
whatever they may be called

however compare the moresnet map at eefs site
&or most any other moresnet map anywhere
which show moresnet virtually embedded within belgium
presumably reflecting the situation at a later time period
when bedenl was promoted to a trinational quintipoint
counting the 2 slices of belgium on both sides of moresnet

or else it became a quadrinational quintipoint
counting moresnet not merely as a bede neutral zone
but as a neutral independent country
which some people evidently also did

the extra problem there tho is that both slices of belgium are
actually connected to each other
behind the back of moresnet as it were
so we may have another crisis of nomenclature in that case too

but in any case it would be interesting to know if & how & when
bedenl transformed from a quadripoint to a quintipoint