Subject: Re: CAUS border crossing closed
Date: Nov 26, 2002 @ 00:11
Author: acroorca2002 ("acroorca2002" <orc@...>)

wow
sounds like a story for jay
if not by him

but here it looks like the canucks were being the knuckleheads
since who else couldve kept these guys from entering canada

well
nice to see the lunacy is at least somewhat reciprocal

--- In BoundaryPoint@y..., "Doug Murray Productions"
<doug@d...> wrote:
> From WPTZ-TV
>
> CHAMPLAIN, N.Y. -- The Canadian border was back to normal
Monday after being shut down for the first time since Sept. 11.

> The border was closed down at the Champlain crossing for
three hours when border patrol officers wanted to take a closer
look at a car, which had a wire underneath it.

> The driver of the car that prompted customs workers to shut
down the border was released and won't be charged, officials
said.

> They questioned the driver for at least the second time Sunday,
but had to let him go, according to authorities.

> Customs officials also questioned the driver of another car
Friday night but let him go right away.

> No information was released on the driver who was detained.
Since he was not charged, information cannot be released.

> Through information obtained by WPTZ NewsChannel 5 from
immigrations, it was learned that the driver was not trying to get
to Canada as a tourist. NewsChannel 5 learned that he was
trying to become a Canadian resident, but did not have the
proper paperwork with him.

> When the man was released, he was given an "Exclusion
Order," which basically means that he can't enter Canada for a
year for any reason.

> The case is considered closed, and both cars were returned to
the owners Sunday night.

> The driver of the other car was returned to the United States
side of the border Sunday night.