Subject: Re: SV: [BoundaryPoint] UAE Internal Borders
Date: Nov 25, 2002 @ 08:11
Author: I M Naanu ("I M Naanu" <imnaanu@...>)

CB:

No
Hatta is Dubai's only exclave and I know of no other. Madha is a
wholly Omani enclave within UAE. But the shape of Madha shown in my
posted map is incorrect.
As with other more 'correct' maps, the NE corner of Madha is closest
to the Khorfakkan-Fujairah road- and this was verified by my
photographs where you can see the border post just approx 10m from
the road.
There is an enclave of UAE wholly within Madha called Nahwa, but it
belongs to Emirate of Sharjah. I was given this info by Joachim
Duester, ex German Consular Officer in Dubai many years back, around
1997. I don't know where he is now.

-IMN

--- In BoundaryPoint@y..., Christian Berghänel
<christian.berghanel@s...> wrote:

> [...]
Please note:

> 3> The shape of Omani enclave of Madha, which seems to change
shape in every map!

> Thanks for posting this interesting map of UAE and the Madha
pictures!

> Speaking about Madha - I have a map (enclosed) that shows the Madha
area as a part of Dubai. Comments?