Subject: LT-LV-BalticSea
Date: Nov 17, 2002 @ 09:03
Author: kbajoraz ("kbajoraz" <kbajoraz@...>)

--- In BoundaryPoint@y..., "kbajoraz" <kbajoraz@y...> wrote:
> http://www.cpk.lv/~janis/vilnus.html
>
> In this page, the top picture shows probabaly the last Lithuanian
> marker, before LT-LV meets the Baltic Sea

and the bottom picture shows some kind of Lithuanina border sign.
I've seen that type of sign in the Curonian Spit, but there it
said "Valstybes sienos apsaugos zona" (State border protection zone),
which in Curonian Spit is 1340 m from the actual border. But in this
picture even tho you can't make out the letters, its seems like it's
two words. Most likeley "Valstybes siena" (State border). However I
doubt that this warning sign could be placed on the actual border.
It's probably marking the pasienio juosta (border strip) which is
usually 13 m around the borderline.