Subject: Re: CAUS -- Peace Arch Photos
Date: Nov 06, 2002 @ 02:49
Author: averillhecht ("averillhecht" <alhecht@...>)

--- In BoundaryPoint@y..., "Bill Hanrahan" <hanrahan@k...> wrote:
> I echo Michael's sentiment...discussion of all types relative to
borders,
> multipoints, etc. are not only welcome., but encouraged.
>
> Bill
>
> < so please dont be so quick to take your business elsewhere
> < & that goes for everyone
>
> < indeed i believe
> < in our entire history
> < we have only discouraged a couple of spammers
> < & that may even have been an anomaly
>
> < regards
> < m

I not only want to reiterate the above, but again take the
opportunity to say that you did it again! You have out done yourself
with your pictures. It shows you can improve on perfection.

I men tune about a month ago if you have the chance to go to Sumas
BC, the two roads are right between the two checkpoints. I think I
might have meant the Aldergrove crossing. It's been so long. Also,
the next time you go to peace arch, you might want to photograph the
change in pavement surface and pavement marking. BC Uses
paint/thermoplastic, and Washington uses raised buttons, unless that
has changed, too. By profession, I'm a traffic engineer, so I notice
these things and appreciate the fact that your pictures show the
comparisons, especially on Zero Avenue! My family Used to have a
place in Vancouver, but sold it over 10 years ago.

Not to sound corny, but many times when you write about your feelings
about the border, especially when your on TC1, barley 1 km at one
point, it's like myself talking. I hope one day we can meet, we
would have a lot to talk about.

Averill

PS I am posting a picture of a metric conversion sign, which is
similar to yours, back in 1982, on Rt. 99 about 5 km. north of the
border. This was one of the originals put up not to long after the
conversion. You'll notice the subtle differences from the sign you
photographed this week. Talk later,