Subject: Re: Officials inspect town border markers
Date: Nov 05, 2002 @ 23:48
Author: acroorca2002 ("acroorca2002" <orc@...>)

henry david thoreau also perambulated a massachusetts town
per
http://www.walden.org/scholarship/e/ells_steve/estabrook/saunt
erer/Saunterer_full.html
but it affected him badly
& he complained of feeling stony afterwards

he wrote of the experience

the poet must keep himself unstained & aloof

let him perambulate the bounds of imaginations provinces
the realms of faery
& not the insignificant boundaries of towns

the excursions of the imagination are so boundless
the limits of towns are so petty
etc etc

--- In BoundaryPoint@y..., "Jesper Nielsen" <jesniel@i...> wrote:
> I cannot believe the fuss the Americans are making about their
town boundaries.

> During the last couple of months I have been chacing
municipality tripoints here in Copenhagen, and it hasn't been
easy. The municipalities is really no help, and nothing is marked
on the ground.

> For those who like it, the Copenhagen County GIS site is at
http://www.teknik-kbhamt.dk/siab.asp?o_id=1253. It's nice
zoomable with areal photos. Matrikelkort mean cadastral maps.

> On the first map you can see the municipality boundaries of
Copenhagen county. The inner area is the Copenhagen
municipality and the very inmost area Frederiksberg municipality,
which you can see is an enclave. Copenhagen and
Frederiksberg municipalities also acts as counties, and as Arif
pointed out on his site you can see Frederiksberg in surrounded
by Copenhagen municipality, surrounded by Copenhagen
county. Copenhagen county is named after Copenhagen, which
is not part of the county. The county also do not have an official
capital.

> I am presently staying in Frederiksberg, but will be moving to
Høje Taastrup by the end of the month.

> Jesper

commissioners
> from both of the 2 towns that share the pair of tripoints
>
> so there each town must actually perform individual
> perambulations with each of its several neighbors during
every 7
> year cycle
>
> the massachusetts & connecticut style
> such as you have performed
> is a complete but unilateral circumambulation of a town
> & according to
> http://cholesbury.com/beatbounds.htm
> this is apparently the more traditional method
> since meetings with perambulators of neighboring towns
might

http://www.bjbsoftware.com/corners/hollistonboundary/index.htm

> > BJB

Service.