Subject: Re: Neutral zone
Date: Oct 09, 2002 @ 03:35
Author: L. A. Nadybal ("L. A. Nadybal" <lnadybal@...>)

Hi.

There are two - one south of Kuwait, and another west of Kuwait.
Saudi maps show a border through the western one, through the lower
half of it, while other maps sometimes show no neutral zone and other
show a netural zone in a roughly diamond shape with no division in it.

The Saudis and Kuwaitis split the eastern zone into two pieces in
1969, but left the oil concessions unaffected - meaning there could
still be Kuwait concessions in the Saudi part and Saudi operated
concessions in the Kuwait part.

Somewhere I have details about the treaties that created them, but
couldn't readily find them. I'll look further if need be.

Regards

Len Nadybal