Subject: Re: coecpe witness monument lookalike
Date: Oct 08, 2002 @ 11:52
Author: acroorca2002 ("acroorca2002" <orc@...>)

--- In BoundaryPoint@y..., "Peter Smaardijk" <smaardijk@y...>
wrote:
> "acroorca2002" wrote:
>
> > this hito naciente evidently means the initial monument
> > at least of the short survey sector
>
> I think it refers to the source of the Lagartococha river. It is a
> witness marker within Peru

yes
thanx
absolutely
for headsprings or source is the literal meaning of nacientes or
naciente

but what i was thinking is that the original commissioners had
first to perform the sawanabori of the lagartococha in order to
determine this beginning point
as presumably specified in the original treaty
& only then could they properly run a due north line
until it finally struck or cut the rio gueppi
at hito corte rio gueppi
& not vice versa

all the rest of this northernmost sector of 11 monuments running
in both directions from the survey line appears to be pure fiat
thalweg to thalweg to thalweg
& thus a relatively simple job for the commissioners
once they got this survey line right

>http://www.congreso.gob.pe/libro1/2avolum/actas/clausura.htm

great resource
you always find the best stuff

btw for anyone still wondering what we are talking about
an easy way to translate spanish & most other major languages
into english
comically yet serviceably enough
is to just feed a few of their key words back to google
& then click on the translate command