Subject: Re: Todays business
Date: Oct 07, 2002 @ 18:33
Author: acroorca2002 ("acroorca2002" <orc@...>)

--- In BoundaryPoint@y..., "anorak222" <listen@w...> wrote:

> There are several points that claim to be midpoint of Europe.
Do they
> explain their reasoning for being the midpoint Landskrona? My
opinion
> is that it's in Ukraine, Poland or Belorussia depending on the
> details of the measurement method used. Perhaps a bit
further north
> (Lithuania?) but not further west than that.

i agree
& my reasoning in message 1038
when i first placed it somewhere between minsk & pinsk
was just intuition

& when i reaffirmed this guess in message 4356
my reasoning was just a crude averaging
of the extremities of longitude & latitude
of traditional contiguous europe

& now
after a more careful plotting & averaging of these extremities
still a crude method i admit
i would further refine my minsk pinsk guess
to somewhere between slutsk & shatsk