Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] Re: a Bosnian exclave?
Date: Oct 07, 2002 @ 14:10
Author: Pepijn Hendriks ("Pepijn Hendriks" <pepijnh@...>)

"Peter Smaardijk" <smaardijk@...> wrote:

>http://arhiva.glas-
>javnosti.co.yu/arhiva/2001/08/29/srpski/R01082803.shtml seems to be
>about it. Unfortunately, I don't read serbian too well. Anyone?

I dabbled in Serbo-Croat a few years ago. I'll have a go at reading,
and translating the two articles you mentioned.

The gist of the second article is that the border has been determined
by the boundary commission. Final arrangements will be made (by now:
will have been made) in June in Belgrade. There will be an exchange
of territory based on the principle of "a square metre for a square
metre of the same quality". There will be free traffic of inhabitants
of the two municipalities involved (Priboj, of which Sastavci is a
part on the Jugoslavian side, and Rudo on the Bosnian side): they
will be allowed to cross the border without an International Motor
Insurance Certificate (known as a Green Card) for their cars or
paying customs duties. The article doesn't give any further
specifications.

-Pepijn