Subject: Re: US-Canada Border -- Tacoma News Tribune Newspaper Article
Date: Oct 06, 2002 @ 00:16
Author: acroorca2002 ("acroorca2002" <orc@...>)

--- In BoundaryPoint@y..., "Doug Murray Productions"
<doug@d...> wrote:

> As of spring 2002, the Border Patrol had 346 agents assigned
to the 5,525-mile northern border: one agent for every 16 miles,
including the vast stretch of rugged land that marks the entrance
to Alaska. Conversely, the Border Patrol assigns 9,094 agents to
the 1,989-mile U.S.-Mexico border: an agent every 1,000 feet.

> "Obviously we're outmanned," Graham says.
>
> He will not say precisely how many agents work in Oroville.
Since Sept. 11, 2001, INS officials have refused to say how many
Border Patrol agents work in each of its northern border stations.

> However, Transactional Records Access Clearinghouse of
Syracuse, N.Y., a research organization that monitors staffing
levels at the INS, FBI and other federal agencies, says the
number of agents assigned to the northern border has grown by
only 15 people since Sept. 11, 2001.

ok
so using the best of these numbers
it means that my 1500 mile jaunt along mxus from yuma to
laredo last winter was the equivalent of traveling the entire length
of caus including the alaska sector 19 times over
if measured in terms of potential interactions with border patrol
& it also means mxus in general is more than 20 times as
dangerous as caus
qed

er well i think i only estimated it was10 times as dangerous
but i appreciate & agree with this improvement