Subject: Back
Date: Aug 31, 2002 @ 20:48
Author: Jesper Nielsen ("Jesper Nielsen" <jesniel@image.dk>)

>the geebe atczsk try improves on the gcebe atczsk try
>all the way from class e to class c evidently
>tho you
seem to be blocking our view of the point itself
>unless there is a more
deliberate class c pic of it somewhere
>not that this heroic tricountry
pic is anything to sneeze at
I think the tp could be right at my head.

Rolf has a picture of the tp with no freaks at http://www.vasa.abo.fi/users/rpalmber/BordersACRS.htm

Attached a photo of atczsk from new angle.

>the incredible czplsk shot
seems to indicate that you could have
>reached out & put your finger
on the tripoint at the trickle junction
>for a first wet class a visit in
history
>& perhaps you actually did just that albeit without
photographing
>this culmination
Placing the tripoint in the trickle junction is only our best guess. The marker and monuments were all placed some 5-10 meters from the trickles and leaves finding the point up to your own imagination. We could be wrong, only the treaty would tell the truth about this place.

>plskua too looks like a potential class a visit if the
monument
>marks the tripoint as i imagine from your data
>but
again there is nobody actually making the point in your pic
Nobody climbed on top of the monument - it was quite tall. Class B? But I made a tripoint dance, both ways. Poor Mike was resting with his head in the Ukraine leaving his feet one hour behind in Slovakia.

>your huroyu too tho a wonderful tricountry photo gives us a class
>d tripoint visit whereas we imagine or wish it had been made
>class a

Attached a photo of Harry making an A

>your
huroua pic is the most beautiful one so i am guessing &
>wishing you
actually nailed the point class c in center frame but
>cant tell yet
& would like to know
We are sharing the best view with you. The vegetation here was very tight. Look at Rolf's second last pic at http://www.vasa.abo.fi/users/rpalmber/BordersHRU.htm and see the HU monument just by the river - you cannot even see any water. The presents of Hungarian guards made it also impossible to actually explore etc.

>when 2 possibilities exist as at huhryu & hrhusi i like to
try both
>points so i can be right at least three ways
>twice for
the present & no matter what the eventual outcome
>but perhaps that
was not practical here with limited time etc
We actually tried the HR version of HRHUYU, got lost and asked a local who took us to the YU version (or 500 meters from there). His warnings and the presents of a guard left us with no choise than leave it. We had no time to check out the HR version.

HRHUSI: We were looking (particulary me, who were wearing rubber boots) for boundary markers and found only 1 on the HU side of the river. We saw some on the SI/HR side, but even with binaculars we were unable to see any numbers. I believe judging from the map that we were close to one of the possible tps, but this area was full of water and vegetation. I would love to come back with a boat and more time.

>& finally your geebe athusk
pic has the virtue of suggesting that
>rolf at least might actually be
visiting here class a in the moment
>of truth & communion tho it is
hard to see
>while your gcebe athusk is a better pic of the actual
tripoint even
>if only class c
>so perhaps both kinds of pix
together are the perfect
>documentation
>& i am glad you
returned if only to complete that
Please enjoy attached class A

>jesper i surmise that our differences in style & approach
>probably all derive from the fact that you all are self proclaimed
>border freaks while i am only interested in the multipointin> per
>se & could hardly care less about the borders except as they
>relate to the multipoints
>a subtle but real difference in taste
& results
Well, a border is also a point, a duopoint. Attached Mike doing a Class A on HURO, while Rolf is making sure his making a note of how many minutes he has spent in Hungary. If Rolf looks puzzled it could be because RO is one hour ahead of HU, and so confuses him.

>i realize for some of us bp only means boundary place
>&
thats perfectly ok with me but its not me

>how could one be very
punctilious if attending more to the lines
>than the points
>especially when the lines often seem to widen into whole
>monuments or even whole rivers
Well, I would rather visit the the dry GRTR border than the tp with BU. I belive this border could be very tense, while the tp is only wet. On GEEBE on of the highlights for all of us was not a visit to a divided SKUA village. I have never seen a border (except on Cyprus) where relaxed crossings for locals were actually impossible. Looking accross this fenced border into the Ukraine was looking 50 years back in time, when infact they are 1 hour ahead. Crossing into Ukraine illegally at this point was done with the heart beating, and only when the local guy looked away The local guy however was very friendly and we ended up drinking Slovakian beer and homemade vodka at his home just 20 meters from the border. The drinks made us jolly and free and I ended up relasing my blatter in the Ukraine.

I would like to addvertise Rolf's GCEBE/GEEBE tp page at http://vwww.abo.fi/users/rpalmber/borders3.htm, he has done a great job.

Jesper