Subject: Re: Berlin maps
Date: Aug 03, 2002 @ 16:55
Author: anorak222 ("anorak222" <wolfi.junkmail@...>)

--- In BoundaryPoint@y..., "pho_tek" <pho_tek@y...> wrote:
> I am actually looking for detailed maps on the
> innercity border between checkpoint charlie and Sonnenallee. The
> online berlinwall archive has some but a far too small.

The link posted by Peter shows excerpts of a map printed exclusively
for the East German military. It's the only map I'm aware of which
shows the actual border installation, especially the exact location
of the first and second wall, and the spaced locked between the two,
watchtowers etc. But sorry I don't have it. This link has some better
excerpts from the same map:

http://www.dailysoft.com/berlinwall/maps/index_de.htm (the last three
ones "Karte der Grenztruppen")

It seems the "Berliner Mauerarchiv" want to sell this map in print,
there's a link on the page. I assume it's also available in public
libraries.

Otherwhise, commercial maps of the era printed in West Berlin show
the border, but no physical details of the wall. Many show street
runs and rail installations like they existed before 1961, neglecting
the changes the wall caused. Instead most commercial East Berlin maps
omit West Berlin completely, and show only fuzzy detail close to the
wall. I have plenty of both, are you interested in any?

Regards