Subject: Re: Berlin enclaves & territorial exchanges
Date: Jun 04, 2002 @ 08:39
Author: anorak222 ("anorak222" <wolfi.junkmail@...>)

Good morning!

--- In BoundaryPoint@y..., "acroorca2002" <orc@o...> wrote:
> messages 0001 thru 6660 inclusive
> even when it goes bizarrely out of focus
> in fact especially when it gets so weird

I hope we're not off topic for the group. If we should stop this
discussion, please say so.

> so my question for me & for you guys or anyone is
> why dont we just leave them all there where they belong
> rather than so willfully remaining under their influence

Well ... for people who grew up and lived part of their live with it,
like me, the wall was a "normality", and when it came down, the
changes were fascinating. The whole story of how it came to be, how
it was constructed, and how it fell, teaches us a lot of things about
how history through the ages is intertwined, and how little things
can have big effects. If I hadn't grown up here, I know I'd still be
fascinated about the geographic details and the madness of some of
them. No bad feelings there at all, just memories and pondering about
a bizarre reality that once was but is no more.

Just speaking for myself, but I guess there are others who feel
similarly.

wolfgang