Subject: Re: more good news
Date: May 27, 2002 @ 01:05
Author: acroorca2002 ("acroorca2002" <orc@...>)

--- In BoundaryPoint@y..., "granthutchison" <granthutchison@b...> wrote:
> Len:
> Maybe if you just think of Michael as a visitor from an alternate
> reality, it would help.

hahahaha
true enough but i am really living in this one with you too

> Michael:
> How do you square your happy disregard for some future BoundaryPoint
> dataloss with your recent urge to see someone catalogue and collate
> our fabulous dataset?

aha
another telling question
& i guess the answer is that i am here mainly for the thrill of the
chase itself
this art & sport & science & actual doing of the try pointing
all this compellingly punctilious truth seeking
& of course this process of all our cocreation & interplay over it
rather than caring much at all about the permanence of the resulting
artifact or artifacts per se

& i also prize nay revere our punctological pursuit itself
for all the fascinating analyses & syntheses it promotes
this practice of beautiful thinking
& especially this try to comprehend everything

so yes i really do like all the intricate piling of facts
the sand castling & ice sculpturing of what we are doing with the data
indeed the house of cards of it all
if you will
more than the growing data stack itself

indeed sometimes the going is more fun when the data are unavailable
than when they are available

so even the matter of availability itself tho nice is no big deal

& more especially so when compared to the alternative
which is
having somewhere to go & grow

so i would build the thing as big & as well as we can & could with
whatever we have got
& let it all come tumbling & melting down whenever & however it wants
just like the boundaries themselves do

in fact i have been doing just that more or less with just about every
point i try & post

so it is square in my head at least

Is its present level of disorganisation not
> just dataloss writ small?

hahaha
wait
is there some new point are you trying to make or elicit by this
ambiguously leading misleading followup question
hahaha
i was just enjoying a complete loss of loss

So then (by your worldview) surely we
> shouldn't fret it ...
>
> Grant

right
fretting doesnt seem to me to have any value
on the contrary