Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] Re: More & More ghost stones
Date: May 25, 2002 @ 20:13
Author: JC.Deeleman ("JC.Deeleman" <deeleman@...>)

Dear BP-friends,
Your comments made one thing claer to me: I have to make a translation of
what I wrote on my site.
Gosh !, my English is horrible, I prefer German, sicher !!
I'll give it a try, the next months, but first I'll give you some
explecations that might help to judge if they are international ghost
stones:
The Aken stones (in a few hours I can show you four of them on my site, so
try tomorrow) marked a kind of Kingdom scince 1338, so they are ghost stones
as well ! In those days there were very many little Kingdoms.
The Prussian stones are not what you expect them to be: they have nothing to
do with Prussia. They marked a line in the "Preuswald", and that's only the
name of a wood. The Preuswald was divided in two parts: one part was for the
poor people: they were allowed to chop trees and to hunt on animals there.
The other part was for the Emporer of Aken to do the same thing there. So no
real ghosts.
The Moresnet stones are real ghosts. Btw: I did all the visits and made all
the pictures together with Eef, so the pictures on my site might be the same
as on his site.
The stones in the part Belgium-Germany are all 'alive stones', and were
places after the convention of Versailles.
The great part is yet to come!: the stones of the former border (1816 -1919)
Germany - Belgium, about 100 stones. Most of these ghost stones are still
there, in the middle of Belgium, indicating the old border. It's my purpose
to picture them all. The first results should be there in june 2002.
When the first results are ready, I'll let you know....
It'll be on my site www.drielanden.tk or www.grenspalen.tk , what is the
same as the URL Harry gave you.
Kind regards, Jannis Deeleman