Subject: RE: [BoundaryPoint] bad news
Date: May 23, 2002 @ 20:41
Author: Bill Hanrahan ("Bill Hanrahan" <hanrahan@...>)

Bernd (and BP'ers in general),

Very bad news indeed, and you have my sincere sympathies (as I'm sure you have from all BP members) about the loss of your data.

This is something that has concerned me for a long time with respect to BoundaryPoint being hosted on Yahoo.  I've read similar stories about other Yahoo users...luckily this hasn't happened to us...yet.  Is it inevitable?  I don't know, but I think we should plan for it.

If anyone has any ideas about alternative hosting for BP, I for one would like to hear it.  The question of transferring existing data is also something about which we should give great thought.

Bill