Subject: Re: US/MEX Border monuments at San Diego
Date: May 20, 2002 @ 12:28
Author: acroorca2002 ("acroorca2002" <orc@...>)

victor

--- In BoundaryPoint@y..., "drpotatoes"
> (http://digthatcrazyfarout.com/oldtj/BoundaryStone.html)
>
> In regards to the missing marker, they unfortunately assume on this
> site that the last 2 post cards are of the same monument as the
> previous ones but they are not.

mystery solved
thank you
& your monument numbers & other data can be followed at topozone too

The first 6 photos show #258, the one
> that overlooks the pacific and the final 2 postcards show #255, which
> is at the san ysidro port of entry. I haven't found this one as of
> yet but i know it exists and my research has revealed that it is near
> where the tijuana river enters the US, which is just west of the port
> (about 200 yards?), but I somehow suspect that it is just east of the
> custom house, behind it.

this looks right also

> I also added another photo to the 'photos' section under the US/MEX
> category of my car parked in the section of the wall that I had
> mentioned earlier that is used to truck in water from TJ to SD for
> recycling. This photo is much better than the other.

yes this new one numbered 6 is a beauty

looks like the flip side of number 5 too

also seeing your car tucked so comfortably into the usa there recalls
message 2821

for it seems what you are so modestly shrugging off as a pure
technicality here below is indeed the perfect spot to park our bp
mobile maternity unit & american citizenship maquiladora

Man anywhere