Subject: RE: [BoundaryPoint] Re: Status on IEUK?
Date: May 16, 2002 @ 19:33
Author: Bill Hanrahan ("Bill Hanrahan" <hanrahan@...>)

My understanding from various past sources (which of course I can't recreate now) is that one enters a distinctly military presence when crossing from the Republic into the North.  Vehicle and personnel searches in particular can be quite thorough...and invasive, particularly for American tourists not used to them.

Bill