Subject: Re: halfneighbours
Date: Apr 22, 2002 @ 15:50
Author: acroorca2002 ("acroorca2002" <orc@...>)

i love all this loopy math

first of all david each brick in a wall might have as many as 28
neighbors by the fullest application of your corner reckoning system

& brendan & david
punctologically speaking
which i admit is upside down from your view
the corners of the square have a value not of 1 half
nor the square root of 2
but
since they are dipoints
they have a value of 2 each

so the entire border of the square has a value of 12
& this even without regard to its surface area yet

the 6 faces of the brick are only of fortuitous relevancy
rather like the 6 points of a touchdown are like the 6 points of 2
field goals
or the 6 points of 3 safeties for that matter

but since the brick has been thrown in
it is nice to observe that the borders of each of its 6 faces have a
value of 12 just like the original square
& thus the entire brick has a value of 72 when disassembled into its
6 faces
& also without regard to its surface area yet

but when the brick is viewed within the scheme presented & as a whole
meaning as the 3d object that it is
its 6 faces have a value of 1 each
& its 12 edges have a value of 2 each
& its 8 corners have a value of 3 each

so its full value is not 72 any longer but only 56

do how did it cost the brick only 16 points to transfer from the 2nd
to the 3rd dimension

it spent so little because the surface of the original square was not
counted as a point
as it should have been in punctology

by the correct math
a square has 1 surface of value 1
4 edges of value 2 each
& 4 corners of value 3 each
for a total value of 21

& a brick or any cuboid has a mass of value 1
6 faces of value 2 each
12 edges of value 3 each
& 8 corner points of value 4 each
for a total value of 81

by this reckoning the brick spends fully 45 points in transferring
from the 2nd to the 3rd dimension
which is coincidentally more in keeping with what one expected

http://mobile.msn.com