Subject: Re: boundaries and roads in Australia
Date: Apr 12, 2002 @ 02:14
Author: acroorca2002 ("acroorca2002" <orc@...>)

hey brendan
i am way over my head as usual but
could you just beam us the corridor map so we can at least see if the
purported 4way flashers on the corners work properly as a news tour

also it occurs to me
different speed limits frequently do apply on different sides of the
same road
simply because the 2 sides are facing in opposite directions
& are thus practically everywhere presenting entirely different
specific conditions for determining safe driving speed & speed limits
generally
tho i admit that was the only part of that freakin history i even
temporarily imagined i understood the point of

--- In BoundaryPoint@y..., "Brendan Whyte" <b.whyte@p...> wrote:
> You can of course read in excruciating depth about Tin Bigha in my
thesis. I
> even have maps of it.
>
> In the Melbourne paper The Age yesterday were 100 interesting facts
of
> motoring history, including of interest to boundaryfreaks:
>
> 84. Sydney-Melbourne [ie NSW/Victoria] rivalry may have beguin in
1861 when
> Victorians constructed a bridge over the Murray at Echuca, luring
Riverina